UPDATED - Sept 30th, 2020.
PICTOU COUNTY WELLNESS CENTRE ANNOUNCES NEXT PHASE OF REOPENING PLAN
The Pictou County Wellness Centre is pleased to share our new policies for the next phase of reopening. We know the past few months have been difficult on many as we all learn to adjust to new Covid-19 procedures. With this in mind, we have been working hard to get things ready to reopen. Our 1st priority has always been ensuring the safety of our guests, staff and the community and we feel we have all done a great job so far. We have been working with sport governing bodies, The Health Authority and Events Nova Scotia to develop policies that meet or exceed their standards and are excited to move to the next phase of our Reopening Plan.
Effective Friday, October 2nd until further notice, the Pictou County Wellness Centre will be adopting the following new policies and procedures to expand our services and allow our users to participate in a safe and secure environment:
- Entry into the building will still be limited to participants of a registered program only.
- It will be mandatory for all guests entering the building to properly sanitize their hands and wear face masks in all common or public spaces (not during activities). All users must social distance and will be asked to limit movement within the building to their designated areas of activity.
- YMCA Members will be expected to follow YMCA Covid-19 policies and must sign-in at the YMCA registration desk before participating in any YMCA related activity.
- PCWC Spectators will be limited to 1 spectator per participant for non-games such as practices and clinics.
- PCWC Spectators will be limited to 2 spectators per participant for games. Excluding U18 Major, U15 Major and Junior A
- Sporting activities will be capped at 50 people per event without social distancing.
- Changerooms will now be used for PCWC sporting activities.
- Participants are to arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to scheduled ice time.
- All participants will be required to arrive partially dressed and masks will be mandatory in the dressing rooms at all times.
- Players and coaches must stay in their dressing until ice time.
- Any warmups must be done in the dressing room.
- Participants must leave changeroom 15 minutes after their scheduled activity ends.
- Organizations will be responsible for maintaining their own contact tracing lists and must submit their list of participants per event to the PCWC prior to the start of their program.
Note the Jr A Crushers will be announcing their new protocols for Crusher home games in the coming week.
Please note that the Walking Track will remained closed for the time being.
Please note that our conference rooms are now available for bookings but will also be following our current Covid-19 policies.
Please click here for COVID-19 Screening Protocol form that players must complete and bring with them at their first ice session.